Recall Exam(Continuing Care Visit):
This is a comprehensive exam done annually during your Hygiene Visits to evaluate your oral Health and make recommendations as needed to keep you on track of Great Overall Health!!
Continuing Care Visits: More Than “Just a Cleaning”
Biannual teeth cleanings keep your teeth and gums looking, feeling, and functioning their best. During cleanings, our hygienist will gently remove plaque and tartar (hardened plaque) from the surface of your teeth. She’ll also polish your teeth and floss to test the condition of your gums.
After your cleaning, Dr. Krishnamurthy will examine your teeth and gums, then evaluate your current restorations, examine any X-rays that were taken, and screen for early signs of Gum disease , Oral cancer and Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
At RFCD, a cleaning is only the tip of the iceberg. A maintenance or Continuing Care visit is as essential to keeping your health as putting oil in your car is essential to keep driving. Our Continuing Care Visits are an important part of this practice. We believe that optimal oral hygiene is essential to prolong the life of your teeth and any dental treatment you have or will have in the future. Our hygienists work together with Dr. Krishnamurthy to help you recognize the state of your dental health and help you to discover what best for you.
An appointment with our hygienist for Continuing Care will vary according to your needs and may include the following:
- Updating your medical history
- Reviewing your current concerns
- Taking annual cavity-detecting radiographs (bitewing x-rays)
- Updating complete series of radiographs (FMX) every 3-5 years
- Examination of existing restorations and diagnose any new decay or conditions
- Oral cancer examination using Velscope
- Sleep Screening
- Occlusal (bite and TMJ) examination
- Periodontal (gum) examination and plaque and bleeding indices
- Full mouth scale and polish (prophylaxis)
- Application of topical fluoride or desensitizing agents
- Oral hygiene instructions
- Ultrasonic cleaning of night guards or partial dentures
- Annual dental fitness report provided